Julie Austin is an award-winning author, inventor and futurist. Her patented product, swiggies, wrist water bottles, have been a NASDAQ product of the year semi finalist and are currently sold in 24 countries. Julie and her products have appeared on The Today Show, The Queen Latifa Show, HGTV, Lifetime, Inc.magazine, Fast Company, ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX News, along with dozens of TV shows, magazines and radio shows around the world. She’s a “go-to” media expert in the fields of innovation & creativity, giving keynotes for Fortune 500 companies, and is featured in the books “Patently Female” and “Girls Think of Everything”.
As the CEO of Speaker Sponsor she feels Sponsorship is a valuable way for companies to get their message in front of a very targeted audience. And it’s a way for you to get paid for your hard work by bringing them as much value as possible. The more, the better. It’s a win-win for everyone.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- [7:22] The Changing Of The Speaking Industry
- [09:37] How Meeting Planers Select Speakers
- [12:55] The Difficulty In Finding You Authentic Voice
- [13:59] Three Things That Help With Finding Your Authentic Voic
- [15:00] How To Find Your Authentic Voice
- [17:03] How To Get Notice
- [18:51] Creating A Sustainable Speaking Business
- [19:58] How Does Speakers Sponsor Help
- [24:11] What Comes First The Event Or The Sponsor
- [24:58] How To Help Speaker Gain A Sponsors
- [26:42 ] Finding Your Niche
- [28:08] How To Help Speakers Seek Out Sponsors
- [30:48] How To Reveal To Your Audience Your Sponsor
- [36:24] How To Connect With A Sponsor
- [36:33] Where Is The Speaking Business Going
3 Key Points:
- Compete in your niche.
- Everyone wants to do it. So you need to work at it!
- What you do has a value.
My Take aways or Next Steps:
- Invest time to see if a sponsor is good for my speaking business.